XTension Version 9.3
Download: XTension v9.3 (build 962) 5/2/2017
- NEW: Do Async Shell Script verb. XTension can now run a shell script in the background without blocking the entire app. The result and any output is sent to your assigned callback script handler. See the do async shell script verb documentation for more info.
- NEW: Do Later verb. As an option when a delay is necessary in a script you can now specify a handler in a script to run some number of milliseconds later. See the do later verb for more information.
- NEW: Pause parameter to the send data verb. Another option for talking to remote devices that require timing adjustments you can now specify how long to pause after sending a packet of data before sending the next packet. See the send data verb for more info.
- NEW: totally reworked interface setup window, more information as well as direct links to the wiki and manufacturer websites will now be displayed in the edit interface dialog.
- NEW: a DIY script can now specify “none” as it’s port. This allows all work to be handled in scripts in XTension without trying to make a connection to a serial port or external IP address.
- NEW: the CM19 interface will now accept a Ping command. This is not yet done automatically but you can do a simple script to: tell xInterface “cm19 interface name” to ping() and the interface should very quickly update it’s last packet received date. If it doesn’t do so then you know the interface has had a USB bus hiccup and needs to be restarted.
- NEW: and this is HUGE, the 1.0 version of the Python plugin API. You can now create plugins to fully support devices in Python with custom interfaces and everything to make them indistinguishable from the built in device support in XTension. The documentation for this will be following on tomorrow as my nephew is in Marry Poppins at the local childrens theater this evening and there isn’t time to get it uploaded right now. If you’ve ever wanted to write your own support for a device to XTension and struggled with the DIY scripting in AppleScript, or if you have any Python experience you are going to love this.
current/previous/v9.3.txt · Last modified: 2023/02/13 14:52 by 127.0.0.1